How To Define Which Email Marketing Software Is The Best One For You
There are numerous email marketing software available on the market, and choosing the right one for any business is not an easy task. It is always best to start with a free account that allows you to explore how the email marketing company works and what add-ons it offers, so that you can make an informed decision. Now, there is a way to choose the best one from the start, and today we will tell you how.
Comparisons when it comes to paying for a product or service are part of our daily lives. This happens in any area, and when it comes to working with digital products there is no difference. However, when it comes to choosing an email marketing software, it can happen that it is not clear which one will work best in a particular case, so it is worth paying attention to the characteristics of each one.
To do this study, we will focus on the aspects offered by three of the biggest options when talking about email marketing software: mailchimp free limit, Mailrelay’s free account limits and Sendinblue’s. We talk about the free accounts because they are the ones that offer benefits without having to pay a single dollar, and that is why it is worth focusing on them.
The limits of a free account
The first point to focus on is the limit that each of the software companies offers in their free accounts forms. Here it is worth looking at the number of subscribers they allow and the number of monthly deliveries that can be made with them. These three companies work like this:
- Mailchimp: this company offers the opportunity to collect up to 2,000 subscribers with an average of 10 emails per month per mailing.
- Sendinblue: does not have a fixed limit of subscribers, but only allows mailings to reach 300 per day. If that is multiplied by the approximate 30 days each month, the result will be an average of 9,000 emails per month.
- Mailrelay: for free accounts, Mailrelay offers wonderful working numbers. Subscribers can carry up to 20 thousand people, with the possibility to send up to 80 thousand emails months after month.
Use of advertising within mailings
To say that an account is free means that there will be no need to make any payment, true enough. However, this free of charge setting is not so absolute because companies use some mechanism to take advantage of a brand using their services with a defined action.
In the case of Mailrelay, the action requested is to become followers of the company in their respective social networks and that’s it. In the case of Mailchimp and Sendinblue, the presence of the logo of the email marketing software is mandatory and, therefore, anyone who knows a little about the subject will know that it is being managed from a free account. While this is not generally a major impact on the life of the brand, it can leave an implicit message of “we don’t take this too seriously”.
Having the opportunity to answer questions as you use the software is fundamental and in free accounts this is usually a limited factor, as having people answering questions is something that costs a lot of money. However, in its possibilities, each company offers something related to this issue, and we are going to see it below:
- Mailchimp: your support will be available for 30 days after account creation, and the option only works via email.
- Sendinblue: their support is also email-only. Phone calls are reserved for their premium customers.
- Mailrelay: is the one that offers the best options in this case because they have email, chat, telephone and ticketing systems available. In all cases, they operate with real people, so they do not expect responses from chats.
One of the key factors when working with email marketing is to make use of statistics that allow you to measure how everything is working and what actions should be corrected or enhanced to get better results. Having advanced statistics is the ideal way to achieve this, but let’s see what these three companies offer.
In the first case, Mailchimp has available some statistical data that will be useful to make some decisions, but they are not presented in great detail. On the other hand, Sendinblue has very limited this option and does not offer any of the two data that are considered basic in email marketing, which are the open rate and the click-through rate. This is a situation that is repeated even in their cheapest paid accounts.
Mailrelay has the advantage of having a large number of useful and advanced statistics where you can consult the two key factors mentioned above. In addition, you have the option to download this data to share with others or to analyse it in more depth.
Other important aspects
The elements mentioned above could be considered as the most decisive ones when starting an email list and sending newsletters. But they are not the only ones we should keep into account. There are still several other things to consider when making a choice, and all of them are available for use.
- Editor: using a simple editor is essential to advance the work process, even if you have no knowledge in the field. With the drag and drop option this task is easy and all the companies mentioned have it.
- Automations: having automations that make it easier to send emails to the subscribers who have just joined or that are scheduled for a specific date is a very important issue because it lightens the workload and worries. On this issue, all 3 companies also have this feature available.
Other data worth looking at include contact management, the use of editable subscription forms, easy importing of contacts, whether they allow the use of their own domain or only give the option of the generic one, whether they allow multiple users to log in through the same account, among others.